The Australian Association of Consultant Physicians (AACP) is the only organisation that solely represents all Australian consultant physicians and paediatricians in economic and related workforce matters that affect the sustainability of consultant physician and paediatrician practice.
The AACP seeks to enhance the level of Medicare rebates available to your patients for your services and to achieve appropriate ongoing recognition of the advanced training and skills of all consultant physicians and paediatricians.
There is a complementary working relationship between the AACP and the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP). However the RACP, under its Memorandum and Articles, cannot engage directly in matters such as Medicare fees and the rebates available to your patients. For this reason, the AACP was formed.
The AACP focuses its efforts in the following areas:
- influencing government policy on a range of issues particularly relevant to consultant physicians and paediatricians.
- increasing the Medicare benefits available to patients for professional attendance items for consultant physicians and paediatricians, with particular recognition of the increasing complexity of care required by many patients.
- improving the level of Medicare benefits available to patients of all Fellows of the RACP (see the Achievements page).
- supporting consultant physicians and paediatricians who practice in outer urban, rural and remote areas through representations on issues that affect non-metropolitan practice.
- encouraging career development across the consultant physician and paediatrician workforce.
- working with the RACP on issues relevant to the consultant physician and paediatrician workforce where a joint approach is appropriate.
The AACP is a not-for-profit organisation and all work is entirely funded by membership subscriptions, so please join today to support AACP in its representations.